Saturday, May 9, 2009

Quinua Seeds


Quinua Days
Originally uploaded by forbesfarmer
This family spent over an hour with me teaching me everything about growing quinua, harvesting, and cooking. They prepared an excellent Quinua lunch for me with onions, and their own cheese and milk spread on top.
At the end the joyfully handed me a large bag of their best seeds to use in the States. I now have a permit to bring back a small amount of seeds! Yeah!
Every country or region I visit, I think I have found the most kind and hospitable people in the world. However, I am continually amazed at how kind farmers are to me when I walk up to their house and say I want to studied their seeds. For over 9 months now, farming families have fed me, housed me, healed me, and taught me an immense amount about farming and how to live a decent life. I wish there was someway I could repay them and often feel guilty for taking so much from these kind people. They have given me hope, knowledge, and shown me who I really am and what my purpose is in this crazy world. For that I cant thank them enough!!
I am sad to leave the Peruvian people!

No comments: